So, woman are always telling me how lucky I am that Kevin can build and fix just about everything I need. I probably don't appreciate him enough. So here is a little tribute to my handy husband. A couple of days ago we were talking about how nice it would be to have a shelf under our TV to hold the receiver, speaker, XBOX, BlueRay, ect. We have a huge mantle that goes over the fire place and over a huge cubby hole. So a couple hours after a trip to Home Depot, we had a new shelf. It turned out great. He is now finishing a chest that he made to go under the shelf to hold toys. The chest is very rustic looking (just how I like it). I love when things look old. Here is a couple of pictures of my new shelf (before and after). Plus, here is a picture of another decorative cubby I have. I have 2 others to decorate and I don't like how they have come out- I would love some ideas if anyone has any cute ideas.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
A brag about my handy husband
So, woman are always telling me how lucky I am that Kevin can build and fix just about everything I need. I probably don't appreciate him enough. So here is a little tribute to my handy husband. A couple of days ago we were talking about how nice it would be to have a shelf under our TV to hold the receiver, speaker, XBOX, BlueRay, ect. We have a huge mantle that goes over the fire place and over a huge cubby hole. So a couple hours after a trip to Home Depot, we had a new shelf. It turned out great. He is now finishing a chest that he made to go under the shelf to hold toys. The chest is very rustic looking (just how I like it). I love when things look old. Here is a couple of pictures of my new shelf (before and after). Plus, here is a picture of another decorative cubby I have. I have 2 others to decorate and I don't like how they have come out- I would love some ideas if anyone has any cute ideas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Hello Crystal! I am so happy to find your blog! How are things? Your girls are so cute!!!
ReplyDelete-misty
He is pretty handy; what would we do without our new stuff that looks old? I like what you're doing with the house. It must be a sign that you shouldn't move.
ReplyDeleteA man who doesn't mind workin' a saw for you? A definite keeper! It looks great...
ReplyDelete(and just so you know, since he's obviously able to build, maybe you -okay HE- could put doors/shutters/something else over one of the cubbies if you wanted to use it for storage...just a thought)